Monday, April 21, 2008

My Fair Lady - Ahmanson

So last night was the last show on my season ticket list for the Ahmanson. It was a very good production of My Fair Lady. Strangely though, for the third show in a row we saw the understudy instead of the lead. This seems odd to me as all the show times were prime slots like Friday or Saturday nights, but so it goes.

I'm not a big fan of the "old fashioned" musicals, but this production is beautifully staged and looks as if they definitely spent some money on sets and costumes. It even boasts a large cast which is nice to see for my fellow actor friends. Michael Farina, who was wonderful in my production of Fanny Hill, and Jesse Swimm, who was in a production of Jesus Christ Superstar at the Westchester Theater that I played Judas in, were both in the production. I love it when people you've worked with show up in a production you go to see.

All in all, it was a very pleasant show. Nothing to jump up and down about from my perspective, but certainly everyone there enjoyed it.

No comments: